NAYC 19 Info
Dear Parents/Guardians of Catalyst Youth Ministry students:
This page contains information pertaining to the Youth Group’s trip to North American Youth Congress July 31st through August 2nd, 2019.
About the trip
North American Youth Congress (NAYC) is a 3 night youth conference organized by the United Pentecostal Church and held every 2 years. It is the largest gathering of our organization and had over 34,000 in attendance in 2017. It is often the highlight of the year for our students!
This year NAYC will take place at The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis, Missouri. We will be driving down to St. Louis on Wednesday, July 31st and returning home on Saturday, August 3rd. More information about the conference can be found at: www.NorthAmeicanYouthCongress.com.
Attending the NAYC trip is a wonderful opportunity that we hope every young person can partake in. We do have guidelines in place to ensure that everyone attending has a great time.
- Receive Pastoral approval.
- Agree to follow the rules listed on the Waiver.
- Turn in the Waiver & Medical Release forms with appropriate signatures.
- Meet the financial obligations below.
- Total ESTIMATED COST – $350, paid in 5 installments
- We ask that everyone pay 20% of their total balance by the end of each month from February to June. The schedule below reflects payment for 1 student.
- $70 by 2/28
- $70 by 3/31 ($140 total)
- $70 by 4/30 ($210 total)
- $70 by 5/31 ($280 total)
- $70 by 6/31 ($350 total)
- Why $350?
- Hotel Costs ($150).
- Registration Cost ($85).
- Food Costs ($75).
- Misc Items – Parking costs, Gas, First Aid Kit, Unforeseen expenses on grounds.
- We will more information about schedules as the event gets closer.
- We will also have fundraisers to help offset costs throughout the year.
- If you have any questions contact Scott Severt
Are you interested in chaperoning the trip? Chaperones are not just adults attending NAYC. Chaperones hold the power to make a retreat an amazing experience or a nightmare. Not only do they ensure the safety of the attendees, but they also set the mood for the whole trip.
- An excellent attitude.
- There will be problems, you will get frustrated, but we need to project a positive attitude to the youth.
- Approval from Pastor.
- Must meet the financial commitment
- The cost for chaperones is $225
- This includes a $50 offset from the youth funds.
- The payment schedule is the same as for the attendees, 20% of their total balance by the end of each month from February to June.
- This does not include meals (approx. $75).
- Must be able to withstand the physical toll of NAYC
- We will be walking 5-10 miles and traversing many stairs EACH day.
- We will be operating on a minimal amount of sleep.
- The services & the van rides will often be excessively loud.
If you are interested in chaperoning and able to meet the above requirements contact Scott Severt. The number of chaperones needed will be based on the number of attendees. The final decision regarding who will be approved as a chaperone is not based on a first-come-first-serve basis, even if all the requirements are met. If we receive more applications than are required, the final decision will be made after prayer and consultation with Pastor.